I Love Bert (Warning: Bald Pictures)

August 13
Today was another big step in my journey.  Today, I lost all my hair.  ALL of it.  It had begun coming out the past two days and I did not want hunks of it coming out in the shower or in my bed.  Today I had it shaved.

My son-in-law sent me to his family's barber, Bert.  I LOVE Bert!  He was the kindest, dearest man I've ever met.  He told me to come in when no one else was in the shop so I wouldn't be embarrassed.  Of course, the precious duo went too and I was so grateful for that.  (I learned that Bert is Sam Bradford's barber, too.  That makes him even more special!)

Here's Bert with me after the shave.  I'd packed a scarf to conceal my head!

During the shave ... we were going for the faux-hawk!

My precious Emily stood beside me and held my hand the whole time.  I must admit, I was afraid to look.  (Emily should have her baby any day now!)


The next picture is me with a bald head.


It's rather shocking if you know me well, but it's me and it's the real me for now.  (And yes ... Life is Good!)

A bald head is very cold even though it's hot here in Oklahoma!  As I'm typing this, I have a soft little beanie on my head.  So weird.  

I think I'll get used to my bald head eventually, but for now, I don't like seeing myself in the mirror.  It's just so danged weird.  Two good things for sure, though:  It will grow back and boy, this is definitely a wash and wear hair cut!!  Ha!

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! I think you look great! I'm kinda shocked by how good it looks. Are Emily and Claudia going bald now too? I'll do it!

    Roxy and I are in the Cotswolds staying at a manor house/farm in the middle of the countryside. We were just talking about how much you'd love it here and we wish we could convince you come over. It's so green and there are these big trees outside the windows that are filled with all these birds. There's even a dove cote and rooster that seems to like other men as he follows me around wherever I go! Fortunately he seems to like to sleep in though! And there are sheep everywhere. We'll send some pictures. I think we should rent the whole place next summer and everyone should come out for a family trip! Tea and crumpets for all!!

    We miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I don't know how some people can look so good with no hair. It must be such a weird feeling, but truly, your head is beautiful and so are you! I was reading this to Don and he said, "Connie is first on my daily prayer list", as you are on mine as well! SO glad you have such wonderful love and support - but you know my number! :)

    ReplyDelete