Gratitude

August 31
Lots of sweet things happened this week that made this journey a lot easier.  I'm so grateful for friends and family.  

My friend, Lyn, and I have been friends since college ... that would be about 47 years!  She sent me a fabulous calendar that she designs and sells around the country.  It's so awesome.  On each page is a pocket for those loose items or notes or receipts that always seem to get lost in the bottom of my purse.  Ha! Here's a link to her website.  This is genius!  Thank you, dear Lyn.


On Monday when I felt my worse and all food sounded gross, my good friend, Malin, came over with the most incredible vegetable soup (with meat!) that made my day!  I've eaten some every single day since Monday.  Thank God for Malin: I might not have eaten at all that day if she hadn't just shown up with the BEST soup ever!  Vegetables, potatoes, delicious broth, tender beef ... ahhhh!  Thank you, Malin!

Earlier in the week, my sweet daughter, Emily, who is expecting baby Charlie any second now, brought over my favorite dessert of all time:  fresh peach cobbler.  My good friend, Leigh Ann, had already made some for me right after my second treatment, but I (shamefully) ate it all in just a few days.  Emily to the rescue!  Would you look at this cobbler?  I can't begin to describe how wonderful this thing tasted.  Thank you, sweet Emily.

And last, but certainly not least, is something my granddaughter, Sophia, left for me yesterday.  It tasted just as good as it looks, too!  YUM.  Gotta love that sweet Sophia.

One thing for sure:  I haven't been hungry during the past week, thanks to my angels on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment