When Life Gives You Lemons ...

July 27
...  you stop at the lemonade stand.  Seriously.  How many times have you driven by a child's lemonade stand and just kept going?  I've done it too many times to admit.  Well, breast cancer has already changed me, or so I thought, until this evening when I drove right past a little lemonade stand close to my house.  I always feel guilty when I do that, but I always have an excuse. Too busy. Too hot.  And my excuse tonight? ... I have breast cancer and I'm tired.  I really did think that.  I haven't even started chemo yet, for pete's sake!

Whoa there, Miss Breast-Cancer-has already-changed-my-life.  I made a U-turn and went back to that little lemonade stand to buy lemonade and a homemade cookie. Breast cancer ... be damned.  I have all the time in the world now to stop and buy lemonade and see those adorable smiles.  Breast cancer is changing my perspective on what's really important in my life.  Tonight, those children were much more important than the heat or being busy or tired.  See?  Breast cancer can do that to you.

Check back tomorrow.  I'll tell you all about my first chemo treatment.  It's gonna be a good day!

And this is the reason why I will be a survivor:


No comments:

Post a Comment