Special Gifts I've Received

July 22
Since my diagnosis I've received some very, very special gifts from friends and family.  

My twin sister, Claudia, one-half of the "precious duo," made, by hand, this gorgeous, fabulous quilt just for me!  Can I tell you how much this means to me?  I plan to take it to every chemo treatment because I know I'll be cold, but mostly because just touching it is such a comfort.  THANK YOU, HeHe!


I'm sooooo lovin' this quilt!

And here's something else my little twin sister gave me.  She bought two, one for her and one for me, reminding us both of each other.  Awesome.  I love that the little bird's feet are shaped into a heart.  And also, I ADORE birds and Claudia knows it!


Here's a gift from my first granddaughter, Sophia.  She LOVES giving gifts to people.  So sweet.  And so thoughtful.  (It's a bookmark!)



My sweet daughter-in-law, my son, Ryan, and their three beautiful children (grandchildren numbers 1, 3, and 4) brought this to me.  
It's a pocket holding cross ... and it's handmade by a small family-owned business in Bethlehem.  It's purpose is to remind me of God's presence.  It fits perfectly in my hand and is a real blessing.  LOVE it!

My good friend, Megan, gave this to me because she knew how much I would love it.  It's a sand dollar that was her mother's paper weight.
Megan's mother, Dorothy, died several years ago, and I loved her beyond words.  Dorothy was like a mother to me and the sweetest person in the whole world.  Oh, how I loved that woman.  THANK YOU, Megan

And my very good friend, Leigh Ann, gave me this to help me remember how blessed I am.  I've had it on since the day she gave it to me except when I took this picture:
In case you can't read it, it says, "Gratitudes."  Notice that's plural!  I love this bracelet.  It helps keep me focused on what's really important.  And it reminds me of Leigh Ann every day! Love you, Leigh Ann.




No comments:

Post a Comment