Scared Out of My Wits

June 1
Such a big blessing today ... my "precious duo" went with me again for another procedure.  Now this one had me shaking in my boots.  This procedure just sounded so awful.  On this day, I had two enormous shots filled with radioactive dye injected into my breast.  Oh, man.  I couldn't believe this was gonna happen to my poor little boobie!

The shots were a piece of cake.  A teeny, tiny pinch with each one and it was over.  Really.  Nothing.  The x-ray two hours later was painless as well. The reason for this procedure? ... during the lumpectomy, Dr. B would also remove two lymph nodes from under my arm and the dye helped him find the sentinel node, which is the first node to carry fluids (lymph) away from the breast.  A link that explains it beautifully is here.

Tomorrow morning is my surgery.  I'm freaking out about tomorrow and it's not necessarily about the surgery, although I dread it.  Oh, yes, I dread it horribly.  BEFORE surgery, though, I must return to my radiologist to have a tiny wire inserted into my breast, which will guide Dr. B to the cancer mass.  A wire inserted into MY breast? No need to say how I feel about that one.

Check back tomorrow and I'll tell you all about what happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment