I Love Dr. B!

June 2 - Part Two
These beautiful flowers came from good friends of mine who live in Wyoming.  All the way from Wyoming!  Well, not literally, but still ... love these sweet girls.

From the radiologist's back to outpatient for surgery.  Actually, this part was kinda fun.  There was a lot of laughter in the pre-op area.  Dr. B. has a very dry wit and he was cracking me UP.  I almost forgot where I was and what I was doing!  My anesthesiologist came in and introduced himself like this: "Hello, Mrs. E., I'm Patrick."  I've never, ever, ever had a physician introduce  him/herself by his/her first name.  I fell in love with him right on the spot.  He gave me a little shot in my IV, and before I got to the operating room, I was out like a light.  It was a beautiful, beautiful sleep.

Waiting for surgery ... my sister took this pic of me with my daughter.  She's about 7 months pregnant here with her second child, a boy, named Charlie.  I love his name.  And I adore her.  She's such a good mama to Sophia and I know she'll be amazing with Charlie, too.


Here I am walking to my pre-op prep room.  They gave me a little pink backpack and I put it right on.  My sister thought it would be a funny picture, and it really sorta is.  Sorta.


While I was in the recovery room, Dr. B told the "precious duo" (and my very good friend, Leigh Ann) that there was no lymph node involvement and that he got clear margins.  Oh, happy day!! We all thought I was home free ... a little radiation and I'd be good as new.

It took a few weeks to get the pathology report back so I waited ... and researched ... and waited ... and read some more about this ugly disease. I learned that there is much more to breast cancer than clear margins and negative lymph nodes.  A lot more.  A whole lot more. And now the waiting for the path reports became almost unbearable.

No comments:

Post a Comment