My Friends

September 10
On Thursday, my good friend, Leigh Ann, brought me a dozen homemade blueberry muffins.  She knows they are my favorites.  She even packaged them three in a baggie so that I could freeze them and eat one when i wanted.  She told me, "Now you'll have a blueberry muffin whenever you want."  Makes me cry just writing about it.  She also told me that she was making chicken spaghetti and bringing to me when she comes to be with me during my next chemo treatment.  I'm so grateful for Leigh Ann.

I've also received some wonderful cards this week.  Two of them were from the same person: my daughter-in-law's mother.  It means so much when someone takes the time to send a hand-written note offering encouragement and love.  Thank you, Linda.

Today, my friend, Malin, stood at my front door with a sack full of food: lasagna, spinach salad, and wonderful bread.  The lasagna came in four different pieces all wrapped in plastic wrap so i could freeze them and eat a piece when i wanted.  Genius!  Thank you, Malin, my friend.

I don't think there's any way I could get through this without my friends.  They comfort me, let me whine and complain, step up without any expectations from me, and are simply available.  I couldn't ask for more.

Here's a new picture of my guy, Charlie.




No comments:

Post a Comment