YAY for Me!!

May 29
Now THIS was a great day.  A fabulous day. A day I will never, ever ... ever forget.



Today I quit smoking.  I know.  Who the hell stills smokes??  Well, I do did!  As I write this, it's been over seven weeks and I absolutely LOVE the non-smoking life.  I celebrated by washing everything I wear (including under-garments) and hanging them outside to dry.  Ah.  The smell of laundry that has just come in from the clothesline is the BEST.  I love hugging people now without saying something dumb like, "Oh, I hope I don't smell like smoke."  Duh.  I smoke.  I smell.

The Nicorette gum is a great help, but honestly, I believe that my Higher Power took away my desire to smoke at the exact second I was ready.  I haven't wanted to smoke since the first day I quit.

And can you imagine having breast cancer AND smoking?  Can you imagine getting chemo and wanting a smoke?  Eww.

The blessing today was becoming a NON-SMOKER.  Just love my sweet-smelling life!

No comments:

Post a Comment