Holy Cow! ... Are You for Real?

That's exactly what I was thinking on May 23, 2011, when the radiologist from hell told me I had invasive breast cancer.   I wanted to jump across the table and remove the eye balls from her face. I wanted to scream at her and ask her 'why?' ... but not because I had cancer.  It was because the news was coming from her: so blunt, so uncaring, so cruel.

But here's the blessing:  for the next two days I didn't focus on the breast cancer because I was so focused on THAT woman.  Oh, yeah.  Sometimes anger is a good thing ... but only for a day or two.  As soon as I came out of the anger funk, I started the breast cancer journey.  There was so much to do.  So many decisions to make.  So many tests and consultations and sleepless nights.  I was scared.  Really scared.

At this point, I knew nothing about breast cancer in general or MY breast cancer in particular.  I didn't even know that I needed to know!  This was the beginning of my "research ride."

Another blessing:  my precious grandkids.  Just adore these guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment