I'M DONE!!

January 31, 2012
I took down my white flag and finished radiation!  My radiation oncologist let me take a week off, thank GOD.  It was amazing that after the week off, my skin had healed a great deal and the final four treatments didn't make my skin any worse.  I am beyond thrilled that both chemo and radiation are behind me.

I still have the miracle drug (Herceptin) infusions every three weeks until July.  One caveat, though:  Herceptin is hard on the heart so my doctor does a heart ultrasound every three months.  I've had two echoes that were normal, but the last echo showed my numbers had dropped.  If they get any lower, I'll have to stop Herceptin.  Of course, this concerns me a great deal, but I'm just going to believe that my next echo will be fine.  The doctor is ordering another echo in two months, rather than in three.  That makes me feel so much better!

Here are some new pictures of my guy, Charlie.  He's five months old now and is the sweetest little guy in the world.


And here is a picture of how much my hair has grown.  It's grown even more since I took this picture!  It's so fun to watch it come in because it's coming back really FAST!!  Just a few months ago I was almost completely bald. There's never a dull moment and as they say ... cancer is the gift that keeps on giving!


2 comments:

  1. So happY you were able to get through all of your radiation treatments. I am thrilled that is behind you.

    I know you want hair. But you made bald work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YaYa, you have the strongest, biggest and most powerful heart I know of. Happy to hear your still fighting & with style too!

    ReplyDelete